Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Rustic Tree Slice Tags

Hi there folks!  Brooke Bock here today.  This month we are all working on tags.  When I think tags, I think pretty little ways to mark presents.  With Christmas coming, I wanted something simple and rustic that would be usable after the holidays.  So I broke out the power tools and a log from the wood shed and some of Susan's stamps to make one of my favorite projects yet.


I mean, really....How cute are these?  I love the woodland creatures from the Going Wild Set and What's Up Gnomey? set.  They both seemed perfect for this project.


And for the holidays, this little snowman from the One of a Kind {Christmas Campaign} fit the bill.


So to get started you need wood rounds.  I cut mine myself from a log, as I mentioned and sanded them on the belt sander.  You can buy a bag of them at the craft store or kindly ask your woodworker friend to slice off a few for you. Drill a hole in each one with your drill or a drill press.


And then simply stamp each design with Susan's Color Box Color Pop stamp pad. I used Whisper.  I like the simplicity of black but the colors would be fun too.


Seriously, these took seconds to make once I had the wood rounds.


And the great thing is, I can just write the person's name on the back and attach it to their package.  I am  a huge fan of brown craft paper for gift wrapping.  These will complement it nicely.  and after the packages have been opened, these tags will not go in the trash....  No way!


They will make cute tree decorations for years to come.  I love that.  No waste for the landfill, took me a tiny bit of time and they are so adorable thanks to Susan's whimsical designs.


Hope you love them too.

Brooke Bock from the Susan K. Weckesser Design Team 2016.

3 comments:

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe